Teaching and Learning Grants
The Jackson R-2 School Foundation Teaching and Learning Grant (TLG) was established to provide funds to classroom teachers to help expand student learning opportunities. Funding amounts for individual projects will generally range from $100 to $750.
Who Can Apply?
- employed by the Jackson Public School District
- who are involved in the instruction of students
- or related support services benefiting students.
How much money is available?
The Foundation raises funds each year for this grant program so the amounts may vary, but generally $10,000 is awarded.
Funding amounts for individual projects will generally range from $100 to $300, and $500 for a team of two or more teachers.
What proposals are eligible?
- designed to begin and end during the applicable school year,
- and which meet the selection criteria.
Proposal has the building principal's endorsement;
Proposal connects to the district curriculum objectives;
Proposal represents a creative or innovative approach to teaching;
Proposal is clear and logical including the following:
- clear description of activities;
- clear description of the anticipated impact;
- clear description of evaluation procedures (how you will know whether the project was successful); and
- clear description of budget.
See Critique Sheet.
Responsibilities of Grant Recipients
- Grant Applications Due - 3rd week of October
- Grants Evaluated by the Foundation - 4th week of October
- Grants Awarded - 1st week of November
- See the Cover Page for specific dates